My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.honeybeebakeshop.net/wp/?page_id=5 and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, April 1, 2007

My 1st Cake Show







My 1st Cake Show



Yes, I have already posted photo essays and fun tidbits about the National Capital Area Cake Show on facebook and picassa and all of those fun places. Somehow without an official HB blog post it just didn't feel official. Plus, I finally have some pictures of my cake that aren't from my camera phone.





I wasn't entirely sure what to expect, but people really brought thier A-game. I was happy with my entry but I think it was a little more representative of something I would make for an actual party than something to be critiqued and judged. But it is all about learning and fun, right?
















Preparing a show cake was a real motivator to get better at covering cakes with fondant and working with royal icing. I LOVE buttercream. But no one wants to look at 4-day-old buttercream.








No comments: