My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.honeybeebakeshop.net/wp/?page_id=5 and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Pink Bow Cake

Pink Bow Cake

October 2007



Victory is mine. I am feeling much better after last week's cake-tastrophy. I took a fondant and gum paste refresher class this morning and made a few practice runs. I realize that I may be the only person in the world who thinks fondant tastes good, but it sure looks pretty!

The Wilton bow with curly q's and a daisy:


First I added a few white polka dots, which gives it a new look.


Finishing off the bow gave it a more dramatic look. I balanced the added height with a pink border at the base.

Life is all about the accessories. Here goes with green dots and double daisies. This one felt more like a birthday cake.



Things I learned from this activity:

- Bows and dots are the way to go!

- It's all how the pieces fit together, so be creative with the mix n' match

- To evenly coat a board for rolling fondant (or pie crust) use a dusting pouch / tied coffee filter to spread the sugar

- Use piping get at the base of the cake to "glue" down fondant edges, so you don't see the extra icing smoosh out the bottom

- Everything looks better with glitter (but I already knew that because I am from NJ)

No comments: