My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.honeybeebakeshop.net/wp/?page_id=5 and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Lingerie Cake

Lingerie Cake
October 2007
(Sarah's Bridal Shower)


This was a really fun cake to make. Chocolate ganache filled genoise cake covered with white buttercream and a draped fondant chemise nightie. I love how fun and flirty the pink and black is!


Here is a detail of the bust. I really wanted to put cupcakes under it for a little "lift", but alas and alack, I was chatting it up in the kitchen and let the fondant dry. (But then we ate the cupcakes- no harm, no foul!)


The two tone pink is a watercolor effect using Cinderella Pink/Rose gel coloring brushed on the fondant with a little silver petal dust.

They say genius thrives in clutter. I was clearly drawing a lot of "smarts" from this counter top during the process!


Sarah, as your personal pastry chef, I wish you every happiness from these days of wedding planning- to the many celebrations you will share together in marriage! And don't forget to keep that fire extinguisher handy. Just in case.