My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.honeybeebakeshop.net/wp/?page_id=5 and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Carrot Cupcakes

Carrot Cupcakes
August 2008

Eat Your Veggies. Seriously. If all veggies tasted this good I could swing being vegetarian.

These carrot cake cupcakes were an experiment. An experiment in what? Well, carrot cake is usually in full cake form. I was nervous that baking them into tiny morsels would allow for too much moisture to escape. No one wants to eat a dry, crumbly cupcake full of carrots. Yuck! Lucky for me Martha had a fabulous recipe for mini carrot loaves that adapted beautifully. I even used a new frosting recipe with no Crisco (gasp!).

In my mind there are two kinds of carrot cake. The dark molasses heavy/sticky kind with big walnuts and the lighter spice cake style that favors raisins. I chose team raisin. So I guess you could say these are fruit and veggie cakes... So go eat your veggies.


Cupcake details:
  • Cake: Carrot cake with freshly grated carrots and juice
  • Frosting: Cream cheese frosting with fresh lemon juice
  • Decorations: Orange-tinted chocolate wafers (my preference over marzipan carrots)

No comments: