My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.honeybeebakeshop.net/wp/?page_id=5 and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Elmo Birthday Cake

Elmo Birthday Cake

May 2007


Who doesn't love Elmo? I was thrilled to make an Elmo cake for Matthew's first birthday party.

This cake is vanilla with a variety of buttercream and chocolate frostings. The most fun was creating his "fur". I used a medium star tip to pipe in a random fill pattern, creating a fluffy base. Then I used the edge of a smooth spatula to break apart the webs and whip it up into a more random furry pattern. The eyes, nose and mouth were piped in and smoothed.


The highest compliment was that when I saw the pictures from the party there was a little girl sticking her finger in the frosting. That's four stars in my book.

No comments: